Modish Fall

Sunday, September 19, 2010

This weekend

Been on the go the past few days, so here is a quick rundown of the weekend:

On Thursday, the kids went to their weekly fencing class. Then we went to our areas local TEA party sponsored forum for the federal and statewide elections coming up. The kids are getting a fairly good education in how the country should run. They also love helping out at the various functions that we attend.

On Friday, we went to the church's campgrounds to attend Statewide Youth Rally with some friends. It was a blast! Long trip but enjoyable! Then on the way back we stopped off at my Dad and Step-Mom's to spend the night and visit them and my Grandmother for awhile. Then it was back home to laundry and the daily routine.

This morning was Sunday, and the preacher was on fire preaching to the congregation! I thank God for a Spirit filled preacher!!! The day was going pretty good until I decided to make brownies. I don't know why I even tried, except DH hasn't been able to eat brownies since he developed an allergy to eggs. So I thought I would try to make some with an egg replacer my cousin found me. Nope. No luck. I made fudge flavored sludge. It was so oily, the oil was separating and pooling on top of the batter, bubbling as it cooked when I took it out of the oven. Then it just cooled into sludge. Smells nice, doesn't look nice, won't taste nice, but it sure did smell good.  I think I will go to bed now, maybe cookies will turn out better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment